Are you a salesperson with a positive attitude who hates to lose? Our Kokomo and Marion radio group has an immediate opening for our next multi-media sales superstars! We’re looking for a team player who is a whiz with technology, and previous sales experience, a knack for developing new business and creativity are all a plus. If a competitive salary plus commission, benefits, and extras get your attention, contact us today! Hoosier AM/FM, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a drug-free workplace. Please send resume to Joel Pyle at email@example.com.
HELP WANTED: Multi-Media Local Sales Manager, Hoosier AM/FM, LLC (Kokomo)
Hoosier AM/FM, LLC has an immediate full-time opening for a dynamic multi-media advertising local sales manager to join our award-winning Kokomo (IN) team! You will be responsible for managing and developing a sales team, maintaining a client list and driving company revenue. Are you self-motivated and looking for the perfect opportunity? Hoosier AM/FM, LLC is a small market radio broadcasting company that may provide the perfect fit you’re looking for. This immediately opening provides health insurance, paid holidays and vacation days, guaranteed salary plus individual sales commission and bonus opportunity.
- Oversee sales team and activities
- Achieve sales goals by station and cluster
- Develop quotas for the sales team
- Manage and grow a list of clients
- Lead sales and individual meetings for training and forecasting
- Coach and develop sales team with a customer-focused approach
- Identify areas of growth
- Track results and report team and individual performance
- Develop and execute innovative sales strategies
- Build and form new partnerships with potential clients
- Sales recruitment
- 5 years of broadcast sales experience or equivalent
- Dynamic leadership qualities
- Team-building skills
- Ability to build rapport with employees and clients
- Excellent technical and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree
Hoosier AM/FM, LLC operates seven AM and FM stations serving markets in central and northern Indiana, delivering quality programming to listeners and results for our advertisers. Our Kokomo Indiana station formats include Adult Contemporary, Rock and ESPN/Sports Talk. Kokomo’s A/C “feel good station” Z92.5 was awarded 2019 “Station of the Year Market 2” by the Indiana Broadcaster’s Association.
Interested parties should send resume and information to Market Manager Joel Pyle at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hoosier AM/FM, LLC maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Z92.5, Rock 98.5 AND 1350 AM WIOU are looking for reliable, talented individuals interested in a unique position at our three radio stations. Please note that these hours will be weekend hours. Friday’s, Saturday’s, Sunday’s and holidays. We will teach you the hands on skills you will need to succeed in the business while learning the ins and outs of radio. This position will require you to learn how to run an audio board and automation system. This person be hard working and following direction. This person must be reliable (see how we said that twice) and willing to work off hours. Will train the right motivated person. Please send inquiries to email@example.com.
ALL INTERNSHIPS ARE UNPAID
The following information will educate you about our program — what internships we offer, what requirements we have, what you might expect in a Hoosier AM/FM internship, and how to apply.
Business – The business intern’s responsibility is to assist in the daily and monthly duties for the Business Department, including the Traffic Office and Reception. Basic understanding of clerical duties, ability to operate multi-line phones and typical office equipment, knowledge of proper business etiquette, knowledge in all Microsoft programs, ability to master new computer skills quickly, strong communication skills, ability to multi-task, and strong organization skills.
Programming – Hoosier AM/FM (WBAT-WCJC-WMRI-WXXC-WZWZ-WMYK-WIOU) offers internships as an opportunity for students to apply classroom theory to practical work experience. Programming internships may include (but are not limited to):
-Assisting with the planning, coordination and executing of major station events, in addition to station sponsored live broadcast remotes.
-Assist with setting up station’s area, hang banners, organize giveaways, and interact with listeners.
-Assist on-air personalities during air-shifts, learn broadcasting console operation, help research and create on-air content, record commercial spots and program material, organize broadcast elements.
-Learn the internal operations of a radio station.
-Assist production department personnel in creating, casting, performing, producing, dubbing and archiving commercial and public service material.
-Learn usage of state-of-the-art digital audio workstations.
Sales – This is an interactive and dynamic internship that relies on the intern to be self-motivated and disciplined, with a passion for learning. The intern will create sales marketing materials go on actual sales calls with account executives. The intern will work on sales initiatives that connect radio advertising with online advertising opportunities.
Hoosier AM/FM look at internship programs as a developing ground for future employees. We trust our interns to handle duties that require the utmost in responsibility, diligence and enthusiasm.
• Current college student (junior, senior, post-graduate).
• Internship must be taken for credit.
• Understand and know our formats and broadcast stations.
• Previous radio or other media experience (school, internship, or professional) preferred.
• Responsibility, judgment, organization, dependability, promptness, initiative, creativity, and efficiency are key to the success of interns along with the ability to handle deadlines, writing, and audio production.
• Personal transportation required.
• Students are expected to obtain and complete any forms necessary to receive credit for the internship experience. Internships are available year-round. Specific days and times will be agreed upon in advance.
Duration/Hours – **All Internships are unpaid** Fall (@ August – November) Winter (@ November – February) Spring (@ February – May Summer (@ May – August
How to apply:
E-mail your resume and cover letter, to Jessica@z925fm.com please indicate which internships you’re most interested in, and the market area you wish to intern in.
We have two Markets.
WXXC/WCJC/WBAT/ ESPN 860
WZWZ/WMYK/ ESPN 1350
Hoosier AM/FM is an equal opportunity employer.