Rock 98.5 Events and Contests
- Alessia Cara Talks 'Growing Pains,' Self-Care and New MusicIn the three years since Alessia Cara released her Isaac Hayes-sampling anti-party anthem "Here," the Canadian singer-songwriter has released a debut album; appeared on two Top 10 hits in collaboration with other stars (Zedd's "Stay" and Logic's "1-800-273-8255"); sung the pop radio version of a the latest DisneyThis article originally appeared on www.rollingstone.com: Alessia Cara […]
- Alessia Cara Reflects on Self-Love in Spotlight on New Song 'Growing Pains'Grammy Award-winning singer Alessia Cara returns with "Growing Pains," the first single off her as-yet-untitled sophomore album. Cara released her debut LP Know-It-All in 2015.Pop & Oak produced the booming track, which was written solely by Cara. The lyrics reflect the anxiety of transitioning from teen to young adult in the public eye. "Don't know […]
- Review: Christina Aguilera Flexes Her Diva Power on the Excellent 'Liberation'Xtina is, hands down, one of the greatest vocalists of her generation. And she has spent the better part of two decades figuring out what exactly to do with that voice. There was the bubblegum of her self-titled 1999 debut and her transition into R&B-infused, low-rise jean'd adulthood. Then came concepts: old school sound of […]
- D12: Van Gundy moment 'worst day of my life'Dwight Howard recalled with bitterness the time he famously put his arm around Stan Van Gundy after his then-coach with the Magic had told media Howard wanted him fired.
- Gleyber Torres too good to give upThe Gleyber Torres-for-Jacob deGrom chatter makes for fun speculation, but the Yankees rookie is a building block, not a trading chip.
- Eagles' rings feature 219 diamonds, 17 sapphiresThe Philadelphia Eagles gathered to receive their championship rings Thursday night and no detail was overlooked. Made of pure 10-karat white gold, each contained a total of 219 diamonds and 17 green sapphires.